February 08, 2010

Influences

I've never really taken time to pause and look at who all has influenced me throughout my life. They just sort of influence my life without me realizing or thinking about it. The influential people in my life have changed drastically since I was a kid. They've gone from Barney to Britney Spears (when she first got famous..not now) to my teachers in school and dance, to close friends, or even acquaintances, family and etc. I'm sure I've had my fair share of both positive and negative influences, whether that be people or simply just things/actions.

Recent major influences in my life would have to be my mom and dad, my friends, my instructors at the university, and some actions of others that I have seen lately. I think influences could change daily and that one may have many different influences in just one day. It all depends on who you are surrounding yourself with, what you are doing, and where you might be. My influences during high school are different from who and what they are now, I would say for the better. Some of them are still the same such as my parents and some of my friends but not many other things.

My mom and dad have probably been my most positive influences, along with some of my instructors from the university now. My friends are definitely positive influences too, yet sometimes they might slip up and not be so positive at times. I can't blame them though, I'm sure I'm not always a positive influence either. We all have our bad days and there is definitely room for improvement.

I have my influences that influence my life overall and have helped shape me into who I am today, but I also have my small daily influences that could possibly be different from day to day. Lately, I have been trying to be a better, more positive influence because I know that I pick up small things from other people, so I wonder what small things other people are picking up from me.

Well I have to go read for another class now. Which by the way is taught by a NEW, positive influential person in my life... Dr. Tom Boyd :)

Have a good week!

Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Tom Boyd is one of our best! And you know what? So are YOU. Isn't life amazing how much we grow, change, adapt? I'm so glad you are in this class! kate

    ReplyDelete