April 14, 2010

Self-Discipline

Many areas of my life lack discipline, even though at times I may try and pretend they don't. Those areas always catch back up with me though and remind me that they are still there and they still do need to be worked on. Five areas of my life that definitely lack discipline would be time management, procrastination, study habits, exercising and my priorities. All very important things that would make life much easier if I were on top of all them and self-disciplined with each one.

To improve each of those areas I would need to look at each as a challenge instead of a problem in my life. Instead of going after all of them at once I would need to focus on one at a time and figure out ways to fix that particular one. I could write down and experiment with what would help me accomplish each one and try new things until I have improved each one. Just starting to try and fix each one is is the hardest part, once actually having started things get much easier and the ball starts rolling. I need to sit down and focus on these and really think of ways that would work with my personality in order to fix these, and if some I think won't work at all, then maybe it is my attitude or personality that needs a little changing.

Someone I could look up to as a role model in this area that has a great deal of discipline would be my grandma. From what I can see, she is very disciplined in all areas. She has had more time to work on this, so she is at an advantage compared to me, but she is a great role model for self-discipline and I wish that she could rub some of that off on me.

Currently in life I am mainly accountable to school. It is one of, if not the most, important thing I have going in my life right now. It isn't only affecting me right now, it is something that will affect me the rest of my life. While I am accountable for school right now, I am also accountable to my family, instructors and my boss at work. These are all people that hold me to certain responsibilites and each are putting some sort of trust and time into me. If they are putting trust and time into me, then in return I need to be fulfilling my responsibilities and not letting them down.

Sometimes it is hard to recognize your own faults or where you may lack certain things, but it is good to take time to think about it and think of ways to fix each one. With a little bit of discipline it can be done!

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment