March 24, 2010

Future at OU

What could I see myself doing at OU?

I haven't really thought about that much. I have been so focused and stressed about choosing my major and figuring out what I want to do in life that I have seemed to forget about doing things that make myself happy on a daily basis. Yes, college is about getting an education and figuring out what you want to do with your life, but it is also about getting to know yourself, learning what interests you and taking part in things that you have the opportunity to now that you may not have later in life. There are so many different opportunities for students here at the University and so many different organizations or clubs to get involved with. I felt so overwhelmed and pressured this year to try and figure out exactly what I want to do in my life that I sort of neglected everything else which I shouldn't have done because being involved makes life and class so much more enjoyable.

If I had the opportunity to do anything at OU, I am not sure what I would do. I would need to look into all things possible and try out anything that seemed to spark an interest.

My interests are helping others, being part of groups that are very outgoing and friendly, getting to know people, being loud, outgoing and having fun!

I know that with a little research and asking around there are things to get involved in here on campus that would fit me perfectly. I just need to remember that even though the schoolwork of college can be a heavyload, it is not usually "fun" or doesn't usually make me "happy," so I need to make time for things that not only I enjoy doing but that will help me grow as a person.

Well, I have to get off of here now! Have a good rest of the week :)

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment